Auto accidents are an unfortunate reality. In the United States, an estimated 5.25 million accidents occur every year! Although most car accidents might be small fender benders you can walk away from, other auto accidents can lead to an auto injury that can take you months to recover from. At East Park Chiropractic in Long Beach, NY, our dedicated chiropractor team will provide the best treatment for your auto injury to promote natural healing, reduce pain, and promote recovery in no time.
What Are Some Common Auto Injuries?
An auto injury is an injury sustained during a car accident. These can range from minor to severe. If you're involved in a serious car accident, it's important to seek medical care right away for life-threatening injuries such as internal bleeding or trauma. After you've sought appropriate medical care, you might have a long road to recovery from your injuries.
These injuries can include:
- Whiplash from the forward motion during an accident
- Muscle injuries such as seatbelt injuries or strains in the wrist
- Concussions, which are traumatic brain injuries
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Spinal cord injuries
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
After your car accident or related surgery, you might be wondering what's the best way to heal without having to undergo more surgery or rely on pain medication with harmful side effects. A chiropractor can conduct a full physical exam and determine the root cause of your pain and any underlying injuries sustained from your crash.
Afterward, your chiropractor will determine the best treatment plan which can include chiropractic treatment such as:
- Manual or spinal adjustments, which can realign your spine that might have been taken out of alignment after an accident
- Massage stretches and strengthening exercises to promote mobility and increase flexibility in injured muscles
- Massage therapy to reduce inflammation and muscle spasms
- Soft wave or stem wave therapy to target specific sore muscles and promote flow, increase circulation, and promote natural healing
- Spinal decompression for herniated or bulging discs that could have resulted from your auto injury
Contact our Long Beach, NY Chiropractor Today
You don't have to live with chronic pain due to your auto injuries. Our chiropractic team at East Park Chiropractic is here to help you find much-needed pain relief from auto injuries and shorten your recovery time! Call us today to start your road to recovery at (516) 431-7972.